~ Align with the Divine ~
Sunday Mornings, 10:45 am – 12 noon
Join together in celebratory community to remember our wholeness and
to amplify our sacred work in these times of great change.
No Dance experience is necessary, only a longing to move with life in authenticity and love.
All are Welcome.
Feb 26 – Avalon Ballroom
March 5 – Avalon Ballroom
March 12 – Boulder Circus Center (With Mark Metz of Conscious Dancer DJ’ing)
March 19 – Avalon Ballroom
March 26 – Avalon Ballroom
April 2 – Avalon Ballroom
April 9 – Boulder Circus Center
April 16 – Avalon Ballroom
April 23 – Avalon Ballroom
April 30 – Avalon Ballroom
May 7 – Avalon Ballroom
May 14 – Boulder Circus Center
May 22 – Avalon Ballroom
May 28 – Avalon Ballroom
June 4 – Avalon Ballroom
June 11 – No Mass
June 18 – Avalon Ballroom
June 25 – Avalon Ballroom
Time: 10:45am (warm up) /
Mass ~ 11 a.m. – 12 noon
Fee: $12-$18 sliding scale
All proceeds support youth leaders from around the world during their Surfing the Creative® Rites of Passage Journeys.
Tax deductible donations are always welcome.
* Occasionally, a team of apprentice dance leaders will guide Movement Mass in Melissa’s absence.
- Avalon Ballroom – 6185 Arapahoe Rd., Boulder, CO 80303
- Boulder Circus Center – 4747 N. 26th St. Boulder, CO (Off of 28th St., just north of Jay Rd.)
- Boulder JCC – 6007 Oreg Ave, Boulder, CO (on the corner of Arapahoe and Cherryvale Ave)
Children attending events at the Avalon must be with a parent or supervising adult and must stay with that adult in the dance space rented for the event. Children are not to “play” in the common areas including the entrance lobby and bathrooms, unused dance spaces, or roam about the building. When not traveling to or from the bathrooms, children should be in the dance area with their parent or responsible adult so they can be supervised or, better yet, participate in the dance event.
Movement Mass Guidelines
The following guidelines have been developed through decades of shared experience and aim to help keep us safe and connected during our short time together each week.
1) Movement Mass is a sober and substance free dance environment!
2) Media Free Zone – Please, do not use recording media of any kind during this event, including cell phones, cameras, recorders, etc.
3) No gum chewing (ever) while on the dance floor.
4) Please arrive on time – We aim to begin and end together. If you are late, please plan to come the next time.
5) Shoes – Although most of us dance in bare feet, we understand that some people need to wear supportive shoes to dance comfortably. If you need to wear shoes, please have appropriate indoor dance footwear. Socks must be removed for safety.
6) Please keep your shirts on during and after the dance. This honors different cultural norms along with creating equity for all. Some people are simply uncomfortable with that amount of bare skin.
7) No strong perfumes or essential oils. Out of respect for our dancers who are chemically sensitive we request that people refrain from wearing strong perfumes or essential oils in the dance space. We have and we wish to create a space where everyone can dance.
8) Children are welcome if they are being tended at all times by their parents. We cannot have children running around. They are welcome to witness or participate.
9) Please do not touch one another in the dance unless you have asked permission to do so. If someone is in the midst of a process, your contact could be helpful or highly disruptive. Considering carefully if it is your need or the other person’s need when you reach out.
10) We have a highly trained support team in the room each week. These gifted leaders wear purple ribbons for identification. They may approach you to see if you seem to be moving through a process that could use some support. Feel free to let them know what you need, from space to contact. They are trained to sensitively help you find ground and integration amidst large movements of energy.
11) We welcome your suggestions, questions, and needs. Please feel free to leave us a note in our suggestion box on the front Welcome table. Our preference is that you leave us your name and number so that we can dialogue with you directly.